The Long Highway

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Another perfect day here in LA. Got up around 10 AM, then G & I hit the exercise room, 8.5 miles on the bloody bicycle today. Hit my targets for actually exercising this week. Then off to meet my friend Peter for breakfast/brunch down at the Farmer's Market and do a little shopping. Peter was the worse for wear after a night spent at a rave (!).
 
Shopped around, got some beautiful pork tenderloin at the Huntington Meats, some candied chile-mango slices at a nut stand, some produce; gonna have a kickass chile mango-pear sauce for the tenderloins, pineapple-mango salsa, and pasta with basil and sundried tomatoes for dinner one night this week.

. . . but not tonight. Tonight our friend Mark was in town and suggested Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. That's right, chicken and waffles combined. Images of Homer Simpson wrapping a waffle around a stick of butter that may appear in your mind are not far off the mark. Greasy and bad for you and absolutely delicious.
 
Got a chance to phone Mom and Dad in the afternoon, it was good to hear their voices and that all is well.
 
Random notes:
 
Genevieve reminded me to post this. I don't get too many chuckles out of most of these Flash cartoons but this is pretty amusing in parts: http://www.jibjab.com/thisland.html

OK, so, every time I go out on the street wearing a baseball cap, people compare to to Michael Moore, or outright mistake me for him. I don't really see the resemblance myself. For example, take a look at these two pictures, and you tell me if you see any resemblance:

Michael Moore:



Me:



I just don't get it.

Off to play some Links with a friend in Chicago.