The Long Highway

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hey all . . .

Just a quick update. This blog has turned into almost an afterthought and a quick spot for me to throw a bucnh of links to things I am currrently enraged or happy about, like Intelligent Design or Scientology or Steve Coogan ("Knowing Me, Knowing You" is just out on DVD, I believe, and BBC America are re-running "I'm Alan Partridge" from the beginning this week).

Now it's back to school this week, which means less time to spend blogging. Truth be told, I spend most of my blogging time on Jack's blog, which takes quite some time, converting picture files to smaller sizes, resaving them, etc. I might try using my iBook with Tiger and see if I can use the new Automator functions to make it a no-brainer to batch the photos as I load them.

Been riding the train into LA. It's OK except it means I have to leave the house two hours before class, which for a 9:00 am class is very rough indeed. But I can sip my coffee, read a book (or assignment) and get my daily exercise in to boot, as in toto I walk about half an hour all said, and a lot of that up a very, very steep hill. We editors start school a week early so we can learn about cutting film dailies on actual, well, film, synching sound, all cool stuff that I only know about from reading books. Kind of rapidly antiquating technology but it is really great foundational material to know.

Tomorrow is my turn to drop Jack off at daycare, about which more will be written here. In the meantime, I am going to watch a movie.