The Long Highway

Monday, June 14, 2004

Ooof. A GREAT cookout with our friends yesterday. This is the cookout that got cancelled two weeks ago because of the roaring, howling thunderstorms that have utterly dominetd the spring here. Well, they threatened again yesterday but I was not about to let $100 worth of defrosted meat go bad. As it turned out, the skies cleared, the sun came out and it was an absolutely beautiful afternoon and evening. A great time with our friends for our last party at the Sheehan Chicago facility. A bunch of the fellas chipped in to give our friend Butz a digital camera so he can take photos of his forthcoming child, and this pleased him greatly.

I was so busy cooking and drinking I didn't eat a thing all day until I had a couple of sausages late at night. Woke up today as G left for work with a colossal hangover and promptly repaired to bed after she departed for work. Slept, slept, woke up when G called and asked me to send her something from her computer via email, went right back to bed. Finally arose RAVENOUSLY hungry. Got dressed and went to Wishbone for a massive breakfast. Now I am back home and the grisly task of post-party cleanup awaits me. Then I have to return a moldy pie we bought from Whole Foods and began serving to people before we realized it was moldy. Absolutely covered with it beneath the top crust. I almost vomited and I didn't even eat it. After the pie I have to return some videos and rent a few more -- my goal to collect all the films I need to see on video in some form is almost reached. Then it's back home, to watch Mark Prior face Roger Clemens.