The Long Highway

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

This evening's picture was A Man Escaped by Robert Bresson. This is the first time I have seen a Bresson film and I was very knocked out by it. Really, a splendid picture. Put me in the mind of the Italian neorealists, but perhaps more subtle; one of the greatest examples of putting the viewer in the protagonist's world.

In the course of studying it this evening I cam across this absolutely wonderful website called Masters of Cinema, a gateway to all sorts of sites regarding great films and their presentation. If you are not familiar with Yasujiro Ozu or Robert Bresson this is your one-stop shop. I highly recommend A Man Escaped to anyone.

Now, notes made, it's time to collect the laundry next door and hit the sack. We have a bad breaker in the house so only one of the AC units can run at once. Naturally, that'sin the bedroom. In here, it's sweaty.