The Long Highway

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Qnother quick one

... before i expire. Wow, what a week. Started cutting my movie on Saturday at 8am after a week. On Monday G & I had another ultrasound of the baby. I have a pic but I haven't managed to scan it yet. It is very dark. However, the baby is doing well indeed. He is massive. As the GYN said, "consider the genetics." He is active almost all the time. G constantly is either giggling at his gyrations or chastising him for whacking her insides around. We're both very excited about the baby.

I managed to shape my school schedule around baby time, and that's part of the reason I'm doing a sort of a marathon right now -- three ten-day projects full of 15 hour days one on top of the other. But I'm not complaining -- this will allow me to go on the very last project of the year, which is like 10 days after the baby should be home, and a month prior with no large editing projects.

We had a power outage at school this week, due to the huge rainstorms that lashed Southern California last week, but sat around half the day waiting for the power to come back on and lost a lot of valuable time as a result. It is a presure situation for sure. I really do enjoy it but I really really miss being able to hang out and see my poor pregnant wife who's all by herself. A hero.

On Saturday, our editing is interrupted by George Lucas, for whom there will be a reception and everyhting, private thing, AFI only. Say what you like about his more recent choices, but you have to agree he's had a hand in some of the most entertaining films of my lifetime. It will be a pleasure to meet him. I'll leave the Jar-Jar mask at home.

OK, more dispatches from the dark side of the moon the next time fate lets me get home before 11.