The Long Highway

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Bowling documentary coming up

Nothing new to report today. As noted earlier, the usual, basic type of service calls today. Seems like I do exactly the same thing every day, very little change. I'll be glad to be moving on, my company has been very good to me and they are great guys, but it is just not appealing to me at all anymore.

On Friday I will be shooting a documentary on this place:

Marigold Bowl

a classic old bowling alley run by a classic old time Chicago character. It is closing for good on Friday. I am going to shoot the whole day with the help of some friends, from 8 am until 11 pm and make a documentary about it. It could be great -- just need to get some release forms signed! It won't be cut until the end of summer if then, and assuming it gets made at all and is any good I will submit it to a few festivals.