The Long Highway

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Tired again

You're sick of reading that headline, I'll bet. Rose this am to the usual symphony of garbage trucks and horn-honking idiots.... HAVE to move somewhere quieter especially with Jack coming!

Ate breakfast and then beelined down south on the Santa Ana freeway to a friend's wedding, a quick stop at Disneyland along the way -- the intention was to stop by for a few minutes, pick up a few props and shoot a few moments of video for my special effects project; all I came away with was the props because the combination of crowds and an Annual Pass blackout day I had not known about kept me out of the parks.

G had wanted to go to the wedding but her near-birth state and incredible discomfort forbade it. It was a nice reception and it was good to see Isaac and Julie. The family and all their friends were having a good time when I left around 7:30 for the 45-minute drive home.

Back home, G really wanted to see the Bridget Jones sequel, so it was off to Blockbuster for me; I returned home and moved on to the last boxload of CDs to into iTunes -- all my old Dead shows, it will take a while to catalog all of them. While I was doing that, on the advice of my friend Joey O I visited www.archive.org and found literally thousands of Dead, Allmans, etc. concerts, soundboards, there for the taking and with the permission of the artists. Oh hallelujah! I instantly set about downloading a number of shows I had been looking for for years -- my first Dead show in 82 (!), a Hampton show, a Toronto show at which I nearly went crazy . . . I mean it is the greatest thing. Go there at once. I am now going to bed. The last frontier of CDs will have to wait for tomorrow.

Boris has been acting real slow, sluggish and off his feed this evening. He has done this before and snapped out of it, but as he is 15 years old, we tend to worry about him. My guess is he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Sleep.