The Long Highway

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Well it's good to see someone is reading all this blather! I enjoy writing it, even just for my own benefit. If you haven't figured this out yet, clicking on the green boldface links (don't click that one, it is disgusting, it will take you a second to figure out exactly why) will take you to another web page related to what I'm talking about. The Bush link below is particulary good reading.

As to the upcoming bowling doc, I sure hope to have clips and films on the web sometime later this year or early next year. The only reason I haven't yet is that we are going to be changing ISPs, etc., etc. and I want to have my own webserver, maybe run it myself from home, my own domain name, or at least an account with massive storage because the vieo files are extremely large. I haven't yet mastered the art of compressing them to a reasonable size and keeping the quality good enough to watch them.

Anyway it will be a couple of weeks probably before I even start looking at the footage. Not only do I have a lot going on, I need to not watch it until any particular shots that were hard to do or I especially cherished become forgotten, so I am not so attached to them while editing. Need some distance after that 19 hour marathon. Once I start I will start another blog to chronicle the production of the video. I think I will do that for everything I produce myself.

Work today, well three guesses. Spyware, spyware and more spyware. People of Earth! STOP DOWNLOADING FREE SOFTWARE FROM THE INTERNET! Weather software, file sharing software, "pop up blocking" software, ANYTHING from a company you've not heard of and cannot 150% vouch for personally.YOU"RE ALL DRIVING ME CRAZY! That is all.

Off to meet a couple of coworkers -- Agents in town to train the new recruits who will be covering the Chicago area by mid-June, something like 30 of them. Yes people, my time here draws relentlessly to a close.... hopefully before my brain explodes as I stare dead-eyed at my 1,000,000th spyware scan.