The Long Highway

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Phew.

What a day. Jack slept all night last night, right through to 5 am. Of course, this means he is a bundle of fire today. He woke up at 8 and apart fro a few seconds of random dozing he has been awake ever since. In fact, I just had to get up because he was crabbing in his crib because his mobile had automatically shut off. More adventures with Jack today can be found in his blog.

So my plan to get more things done during my day for the moment is not happening. I think once Jack's rhythms change a little and he gets more into a nap/eat/play/nap cycle -- something a little more stable -- I might be able to plan some activities for my day. At some point this week we are going to go over to the Maritime Museum in San Pedro, which I elected not to bore G with the other day.

In the meantime, I still have not showered because I hold out hope of going for my walk today, the kitchen needs cleaning, some pictures have been screaming out to be hung for nearly a month and I have a wide-awake three-month-old on my hands. What could be better?