The Long Highway

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Tired & bleary. The work calendar is as full as ever with tedium, tedium, tedium, virus/spyware jobs over and over and over. I mean it is just the same thing over and over again every day. Only a few more weeks . . . And meanwhile, each night I have been staying up way too late studying some of the 42 films I have to view before school starts August 30th. At least that part, I love.

Meanwhile, yesterday Genevieve had her question answered on air by Lin Brehmer. Lin Brehmer, when I was in high school, was "our" DJ on WQBK Q104 FM. He was just such a cool, hip, weird, funny guy. He had the 3-7 spot so he'd be coming on just as we were getting off school and we'd all be listening to him, waiting for the buses. He used to do the "Hump Day Unusual Moment" on Wednesdays, truly the highlight of the week, always something bizarre. On his last day, if memory serves, he played a melange of like one second of all of them. This was back in the glory days of cool FM radio stations as opposed to the rancid corporate swill-vendors of today.

Well, when I moved out to Chicago I found this cool station, WXRT, although of late they have been getting a lot less cool and more repetitve and middle of the road. Anyway, the morning drive guy was Lin Brehmer! I couldn't believe it, I even called him up when I heard his voice!

So he has this feature called "Lin's Bin" where listeners send in questions and he answers them, whimsically, on the air. Genevieve's question was chosen this week. You can hear Lin's answer by going to the Lin's Bin web page (the 5/26 link) or clicking here. Pretty funny stuff and astute listeners will dig the song he plays going out of the bit.

OK, time to go and do something boring.