The Long Highway

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Living in the projects

My mind is going in about a dozen directions at once. I am simultaneously: developing a 3D animated title sequence for my next movie; shooting and compositing a special effects project foe editing class; getting ready to edit my next movie with my team; discussing and teaming for next year's thesis projects (I am already teamed to one), attending class, and at home, a whole other world of course, attending to Jack and doing whatever I can to support my dear wife, who is doing a great job as a new mommy. It is easily the most challenging month of my life so far and it is going to get even wilder in about 5 days when post starts on my last cycle project, a project which promises to be a complicated and challenging editing assignment. I am looking forward to it, but at the same time envious of my classmate Beth who had a three-minute cycle project as her last piece.

This morning we have a doctor visit for Jack, probably a quick update of his blog when we return, and then I have to do some more work on my effects project all day. It's not due until the 16th but since my all-consuming editing schedule kicks in Saturday and runs until the end of the term I have to wrap it up before then.